Monday, January 24, 2011

6 Days Left

Hey Everyone!

So I thought I would just put up a test post-- a sort of introduction. Obviously I'm not actually in Paris yet, so there's not much to tell, except that I'm really excited/nervous. I promise I'll try to keep the blog updated as much as possible, because I really want to share my experiences with you all and I figured this would be the easiest way, but I must admit I'm not great at keeping up with journal type things so just shoot me an e-mail if I get lazy. 

My flight leaves this Saturday, which means I will arrive in Paris on Sunday. This will be my first international flight by myself, so that's a little scary, but again also exciting. For the first week, from what I can tell so far, I'll be staying in a dorm type situation with other students from Elon and North Carolina in order to help get us acclimated to the city and then we will be placed with French families.  I will be taking three classes: one concentrating on the language, one concentrating on the history and culture (this one includes site visits in and around Paris), and a third course which involves studying literature, film, painting and music.

Anyway, that's a little bit about what I'll be doing while I'm there.
I just want to thank everyone for their support and let you all know that I'll be thinking about you!

Wish me luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment