Saturday, February 5, 2011

Last Day of Orientation!


Musee d'Orsay
Well, it looks like orientation is finally over! Today, I had nothing on my schedule until dinner at 7:00, so I decided to spend some time in the Musee d'Orsay this morning with my good friends Monet, Renoir, Van Gogh and Cezanne. I've discovered that each museum I've been to so far requires a different form of identification when trying to purchase a student ticket. The Musee d'Orsay apparently prefers to see your student visa, which of course I try not carry around everywhere, but the man at the ticket window begrudgingly allowed me to get in for free. 

Later I met up with some friends for lunch, where we learned that the French people must not share food at restaurants (the waiter gave us that look- you know, the one that says, "Silly Americans, why would you want to share food!?"). Then we completed our only assignment of the day by going to the Musee Carnavalet. The musuem holds objects which pertain to the history of Paris-- everything from roman ruins to paintings of Napoleon. 

For dinner, two of our professors took us to eat at a fancy French restaurant. My meal consisted of a salad of endives and cheese, then a chicken dish with vegetables, and for dessert a crepe au chocolat. As I'm sure you can imagine it was all very good!

Tomorrow morning my French family will come pick me up and take me back to their house in the suburbs. Once again I think I'm both really excited and nervous. At the very least I'm happy at the thought of no longer sharing a room and bathroom with three other girls!

A demain!     

1 comment:

  1. Caitlin,
    I am so excited for you to meet your French family. It will be such a great experience! Love reading your blog!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete