Saturday, February 12, 2011

Oh, the Places You'll Go!

Bonjour tout le monde!

I guess the biggest thing that's happened since my last post was the start of my French class. Thursday, we found out the results of the placement test we took upon arrival (probably the most difficult French test I have ever taken). I placed into the advanced level class, which I'm very excited about, especially since the placement test was such a downer. I'm the only person from the NC group in my class, which seemed scary when I went to class on Friday, but I'm hoping that will give me a chance to make friends with people outside of the NC bubble. There are probably 15 people in my class, most of them are from China and Japan. There are four Americans, including myself, and several people from Russia, Germany, Denmark, and Iran. It's interesting to hear French spoken with so many accents. It's also cool to think that our one common languge is French!

Today, I met up with several of my friends to plan some weekend trips. This of course quickly became a difficult task as there are so many places we all want to go and so little time. We purchased train tickets to Strasbourg for the last weekend in February! Strasbourg is in the Northeastern region of France, right on the border with Germany. Other possibilities we talked about included Marseille, Montpelier, Biaritz and London, but Strasbourg is about as far as our planning made it. Next weekend, I think we're going to take a day trip to Versailles (the royal palace built by Louis XIV). If any of you have any suggestions for awesome European cities to visit, I would love to hear them!

Anyway, that's about all that's happened-- the major highlights anyway.

A tout a l'heure!

No comments:

Post a Comment