Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Walk Around Paris

Salut!

I suppose it's time for a quick update, though I haven't done anything too exciting in the past few days. Yesterday, I had my first class with the program director, Dr. Costello. The class has some long title about memory and trauma that I can never remember, but basically it's a literature course. We'll be reading several novels written by French authors during the WWII and post-colonial period, and discussing how the trauma and memories of these events are expressed in each example. There are only four of us in this class, so I guess that means I'll have to actually show up for class (just kidding). I really think that the class will be more fun becuase there are so few of us. Also, although the class was originally planned to be taught in English, the four of us have decided it makes more sense to speak in French. It's just another opportunity to improve our language skills. 



Today, I didn't have any classes, so I met up with some friends and we explored Paris a little bit. Here, I'll take you on a quick tour:



Ile de la Cite- one of the two islands on the Seine

Louvre Museum

Place de la Concorde


This is a wall in Montmartre where "I love you" has been written
in about 80 different languages

 A Demain!

No comments:

Post a Comment